Thursday, January 14, 2021

Movie Review: WW84

It made me want to cry typing that title! After a LONG 11 months, Allison and I finally went to a movie the week after Christmas, and it was GLORIOUS!!! We both really enjoyed Wonder Woman when we saw it a few years back, so we were eager to checkout the sequel. Plus I think Gal Gadot is literally the most beautiful woman alive, so it doesn't hurt to watch her for a few hours. {grin}


Plot: Rewind to the 1980s as Wonder Woman's next big screen adventure finds her facing two all-new foes: Max Lord and The Cheetah.

Review: I had high expectations for this movie and while I would say the movie didn't meet my expectations {based on how much I LOVED the first one}, I still enjoyed it okay. I'm pretty sure Allison agrees with me too. It was so fun being set in the 80s, Diana/Wonder Woman is still an amazing badass, I loved parts of the love story {although the end had me tearing up}, but I felt it was too long and the ending was over-the-top. I also really liked Kristen Wiig...until the end and that plot lost me some. The villains were just a little too much. BUT it is a superhero movie, so you kind of expect that too...so that's why I say I still enjoyed it! I think I'd give it a B {as compared to it getting some really bad reviews in the press and by Emily who said it was HORRENDOUS it ha}. We are both still really excited for the next installment!



3 comments:

Natasha said...

I might go see a movie every week when this is all over! Hahaha!!! Although I don't like superhero movies so...

Emily said...

LOL yes yes I did say it was "horrendous." I stand by my comment. Agreed that Gal Gadot is beautiful and that Kristen Wiig was a great character.

Kathryn Bagley said...

I cried at the end too when she took back her wish!!! I didn't like Kristen Wiig as the villian..it just doesn't suit her. She needs to stick to comedy movies.