Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Eight is Great {Drew}!

January is a busy month full of tracking posts. Goals, year in review, and both girls have well-checks. My stats loving brain enjoys all these posts, so hopefully I'm not boring everyone this month!

Drew turned 8 on January 2, and we had her well-check on January 6. TLDR: she is super sweet, spunky, a little bit weird and continues to be extremely petite.


Stats:
Weight: 44.9 pounds {6%}
Height: 47.5" - so close to 4 feet! {11%}
BMI: 13.99 {11%}
Clothes: mostly XS or 5, some leggings are 6
Shoes: 13.5 or 1


The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about Drew is how truly sweet she is. She has such a big heart and cares so deeply about people. She is a huge nurturer. She loves to help me around the house, she is so great with Paige, just already a little mommy.


Drew is also very artistic. She loves to draw and paint, she writes poems, loves to sing, she is very creative overall! She is about to start piano lessons, and I can't wait to see how this goes.


In her 8th year, we did dance, gymnastics, and horseback riding. She wants to keep doing horseback riding, so I'll probably look for a new place closer to our home to start in the spring.


Drew LOVES school. She has a great group of friends and is so happy to be at school. She switched classes this year and has a new teacher, but she really likes her new teacher. They have done some benchmark testing throughout the year, and she continually tests ahead of her expected level. She does not love reading like Trent did/does, so I am working on making her read at home every day. We still read together, and she does enjoy that.


She is still a great eater, if not as adventurous as Paige. She loves a wide variety of foods which is so great after the constant battling with Trent over food. I wouldn't be surprised if she is vegetarian as an adult!


We are starting to see a little bit of drama from Drew - her pre-teen days are quickly approaching! She will talk back sometimes, roll her eyes, or sigh at me. She also knows how to yell ha. But she is quick to calm down and is still easy to talk to after she's had a moment.


Her style continues to evolve - this year she started wearing jeans again! I don't think I've gotten her into jeans since she was 2! She loves to wear jeans or leggings with a tee and in the summer she has quite a collection of cute shorts. Dresses are usually a forced situation for holidays. She is obsessed with flip sequins! She still prefers to wear her hair down and wants bangs!


If I'm counting/remembering correctly, she lost 4 teeth this year.


Drew is very social. She loves to be with the cousins, the neighbor's granddaughter, our other neighbors' kids, constantly asks for play dates. She loves to play with friends!


She is still very snuggly and loves to cuddle. She still 'worries' her hair, but we're working on breaking the habit as it damages her hair!


Drew is a great middle child. She and Trent can get on each other's nerves really quickly, but she also is happy to play just about anything he wants to. She and Paige play together a lot and play Barbies, babies, Legos, all kinds of imagination things. She really was such a huge help to Brent and me during quarantine ha.


We really got lucky with our Drew-Drew. She is just such a sweet girl, and I am thankful every day for her.

Overall, she had a really great year! I know I say this every time, but I am really looking forward to #9 with Drew!!


2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Your little mini me!

Natasha said...

She really IS petite! I wish we could get "well checks" for our kids. They stopped doing them when they were about five or six which I find frustrating.

I think Drew and Rachel sound A LOT alike, although Rachel doesn't have a chance to be a big sister and it sounds like Drew ROCKS that role!