Tuesday, January 12, 2021

10 on the 10th: Snow Day

IT SNOWED A LOT IN TEXAS ON SUNDAY!!!! So fun that Sunday was the 10th, it makes for the perfect post for my 10 on the 10th - 10 pictures of our snow day!

I really think this is probably the most it has ever snowed in our area in my lifetime. We had a big snow when I was 4 or 5, and this was probably pretty close. Definitely the most snow I remember.

It was coming down already when we woke up on Sunday but it took a long time for it to accumulate on the ground since the ground wasn't frozen. The kids got dressed as warmly as they could {being Texas babies with minimal 'winter' wear}. We also lost power for a few hours, so we had to make a backup plan for a place to sleep if it shouldn't come back on, but luckily it did!

ONE

So excited for snow!

TWO 

Trent is trying to do a snow angel...didn't work so well, ha!

THREE

Our neighbors/friends came over to play too!

FOUR

My attempt at snow gear {do you love my Doc Martens from 1997?}

FIVE

Brent was the only one with actual appropriate clothing {from hunting}

SIX

Building a snow man - look at it coming down!

SEVEN

Our snowman!

EIGHT

A much needed movie break - watching Frozen {seemed appropriate ha}

NINE

I took this picture to show how deep the snow was!

TEN

I never thought we'd have enough snow to make snow ice cream but we did!
All the kids enjoyed it, and I tried it too. Tasted more like a snow cone to me, yum.
We also did a big hot chocolate bomb earlier in the day, so much fun {and sugar}!

The snow started melting Monday, but we were able to sled a little on a hill in the neighborhood, another great experience for us. So happy the kids got to have this day!



3 comments:

Natasha said...

It's crazy to me how much snow you guys got! That's a lot of snow! Sometime you'll have to come to Ontario (or Saskatchewan!!!) in February though :)

Kathryn Bagley said...

It came our way after hitting yall..it was so much fun!! I loved seeing everyone's snow pics :)

Emily said...

I am thoroughly shocked. You got more snow than we did in all of 2019. Also snow ice cream is revolting to me but that's because I grew up hearing DON'T EAT THE SNOW, THE DOG PEED IN IT!