Monday, January 4, 2021

Christmas 2020 Download

 I promise to not go overboard blogging about Christmas, but I can't get fully into 2021 without ending 2020! I meant to do my favorites of 2020 last week but enjoyed being disconnected, so I'll put that post together this week too. I've already been planning goals for 2021, and I'm excited!

Our Christmases have remained the same for 100 years, but this year we actually switched things up a little. Our Christmas Day is just too hectic, so this year, we celebrated Christmas Eve at my parents' house since Brent's Nannie didn't have her usual celebration due to Covid. It was really nice being able to be with my parents and sister and not having to watch the clock to rush over to Brent's parents' house!


We had a really leisurely Christmas morning {after I stayed up until 2:00 AM putting 'Santa's gifts' together ha} which was so nice! I did miss being with my family but definitely think this was better. We, of course, wore our matching pjs! We went a little overboard on gifts this year, but 2020 deserved spoiling, I think!


The kids were super lazy most of the day playing with their new toys and watching movies, it was glorious! Brent and I even took a nap! Santa's elves were tired. Around 4:00 we went to Brent's parents' house for dinner and more presents!


It's always bittersweet for Christmas to end because it is such a highlight of the year for us. But I'm also excited for a new year, 2021 - we have high hopes for you!



2 comments:

Natasha said...

See we stayed up late reading which is a much better way to spend Christmas Eve! Hahaha!!!

Kathryn Bagley said...

ohhh what was in the little blue box?? Looks like a great Christmas!