Monday, January 11, 2021

Grow Baby Grow {Paige} - 4 Years!

It is really mind-blowing that my little baby is FOUR YEARS OLD. I really don't have babies anymore!! [insert me silently sobbing in the corner]

Stats:
Height: 39 1/2" {27%}
Weight: 31.9 pounds {21%}
BMI: 14.37 {19%}
Clothes: 3T
Shoe size: 9.5 or 10


Paige has grown so much in a year! She is consistently a little shorter and a little heavier than Drew, but she still is a little peanut, just like all her siblings. I'm always so curious how all my babies will fill out as they become adults, it's so exciting for my numbers loving brain!


Paige remains our happy and joyful girl MOST of the time. She has developed some fire in her personality when she doesn't get her way but is largely happy and a go-with-the-flow kid. It is still a pretty regular occurrence to get comments from people about how happy she is and how infectious her smile is, and it's the truth! She has the best smile and giggle and is so happy!


She continues to be an excellent eater and our most adventurous eater. She LOVES food. She regularly chooses fruits and vegetables as her snack {'Can I have some cucumbers with hummus, some carrots, and some peach?'} Unfortunately, she does have a sweet tooth like her mama and asks for candy quite often, ha.


Paige is 99% potty trained, but we keep her in a diaper at night since 100% of the time she ends up in our room and quite often in our bed. I have 1 more box of diapers and I'm hoping that is the last box we use. Although if we're talking about hopes, I really hope she also starts sleeping in her bed ALL NIGHT!


She is really smart and inquisitive. She knows her letters, can write her name, counts great, can do a tiny bit of simple addition, and is learning so much at school! I love hearing her sing the days of the week or the continents song.


Speaking of school, she is finally super happy to be there. No tears in quite a while!


Paige is obsessed with Barbie the most but still loves Frozen, princesses, and anything pink. We read a lot of Fancy Nancy and Pinkalicious still, but she also loves The Berenstain Bears and Curious George. She loves crafting, singing, dancing, coloring. She loves finding music on my phone and especially loves Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, and Taio Cruz {Dynamite being a favorite}.


She hasn't napped in at least 6 months. It was a bit rough when school started again because she had to be in the nap room until 4. So it was easy to tell the days she fell asleep...because bedtime took forever!


She is nowhere near as particular about clothes as Drew - thank the Lord. She still likes to choose her clothes most of the time but it is rarely a fight.


We turned Paige forward-facing in the car in the fall. I wanted to wait until 4 {The law in Texas is 2 years AND 30 pounds. Paige didn't hit 30 pounds until the fall.}, but I used it as bribery for not crying on-the-way to school. It didn't really work at the time ha.


Unfortunately, Paige is a typical spoiled 'baby of the family'. {grin} Her brother and sister hate to have her be upset and often give into her {see tantrums above}. 


She loves to cuddle, and it doesn't help that she still has her beloved sackie and sucks her thumb - it definitely makes her seem like a baby to me, and I'm in no hurry to rush aging her! As for the thumb sucking...after the disaster that was taking away Trent's pacifier, we have no plans to work on stopping the thumb sucking. I stopped in kindergarten due to bribery {the dentist thought my tongue thrust - swallowing wrong - was due to my thumb sucking but Trent and Paige came out of the womb swallowing wrong} and Brent was older than that even, so we are not at all worried about it. She will need speech therapy regardless and probably braces, so we're just letting her be!


Paige Noelle, we love you beyond measure and love your joyful personality. You are so much fun and bring a smile to everyone's faces. We couldn't have asked for a better caboose to our family. Enjoy your 5th year, my little love!



3 comments:

Natasha said...

She is just adorable! I love hearing more about her little (BIG!) personality so thank you for sharing.

Kathryn Bagley said...

She is the cutest!!

Emily said...

Oh my, to see stats in the 25% range is amazing; I've never had a kid lower than 80% range! Also reminder that BMI is a really terrible indicator of health.