Sunday, December 31, 2023

Favorite Moments 2023

I really like doing this year-end recap and looking back on our year - lots of fun moments with my little family.

JANUARY

- We always start the year off right with Drew Baby's 10th birthday - can't believe 11 is right around the corner for her!

FEBRUARY

- A small but big event - Trent got his braces off after just over 2 years - it shocks me every time I look at older pictures, his teeth were SO crooked ha.
- I started using Noom which has been a great experience for me.

MARCH
- Nothing super exciting in March apparently, but we will always enjoy Spring Break.
- And I loved posting my favorite bluebonnet pictures through the years!

APRIL
- We went to the first ever Two-Step Inn music festival in our little town and had a BLAST. {We already have our tickets for next year, and I am so excited - one of my favorite bands is headlining - Turnpike Troubadours!}

MAY
- We had a lot of fun celebrating Brent's 43rd birthday!
- I was able to chaperone another fun Girl Scout event at Great Wolf Lodge for Drew's Juniors troop.

JUNE
- I was finally able to take Drew to see Wicked!!! We had a great weekend with my mother-in-law.
- We had another great weekend at the LJA summer event.
- Trent turned 14 - I still can't believe I have a high schooler.

JULY
- We went to Arizona with our kids and my parents - a trip to remember forever. [Posts here, here, and here.]

AUGUST
- I had a great 43rd birthday.
- We had a successful start to the 2023-24 school year with Trent and Drew starting at a new school.

SEPTEMBER
- We took a Gurley grands trip to the Houston Natural Science Museum.

OCTOBER
- Brent and I celebrated 19 years of wedded bliss. I never posted about our anniversary trip, but we took a few days and went to a little town in the Hill Country and had a great time. Wine tastings, yummy food, and lots of time together.


NOVEMBER
- Paige moved schools to be where Trent and Drew are...I haven't posted about this move yet, but it was a big moment in 2023. I've got some life updates coming soon...

DECEMBER
- Baby Patnode #4 was born! {Life update post will share his name!}
- The LJA holiday party was so much fun!
- Paige turned 7...hold me. My baby is getting so grown up.
- Will post about ending the month, but we had a great Christmas AND finished the year with a fun trip to Las Vegas to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday.

I also saw a lot of great Broadway musicals {besides Wicked}: Pretty Woman, Ain't Too Proud, Hairspray, Six, and The Book of Mormon! Looking forward to more in 2024.

What a great year! Cheers to 2024.


2 comments:

Natasha said...

You have A LOT of life updates to share!!!

Kathryn Bagley said...

what a fantastic year! doing all the fun things :)