Monday, May 22, 2023

Celebrating Brent

Brent turned 43 on Thursday! We had fun celebrating him - and survived the weekend to tell the tales. {grin}

We can't celebrate Brent's birthday without a fully iced cookie cake!

I think the kids are just as excited as he is for this cake. SO GOOD.

Brent and I went out to eat at our favorite steakhouse, City Post. It is in the old post office building, and they left a lot of the interior as it was {all the P.O. boxes are by the hostess stand}, so it's a very neat space! After a delicious dinner, we went to the local wine bar and had a few glasses of wine.

Happy birthday! No kids! Wine time!

Brent told me he knew I loved him when I commented 'This is the only time I've ever blown my calorie budget since using Noom'. HA!

Saturday we had plans to go out with friends around the square in our town, but first we had to celebrate our favorite 3 year-old, Emmett! His party started with a police drive by which was so neat! 6 cop cars drove by with sirens blaring and lights flashing. Then 3 cars stopped and visited with the birthday boy and the other kids.

This better be the only time these girls are in the back of a police car!
[Zara has come to all of Emmett's parties with us and is now a 'forever' invitee ha]

Much better, girls - you can DRIVE the police car!

Painting fun!!


I had to drive Trent to a birthday party for a school friend {a birthday trifecta}, so Brent took the girls to Brent's parents' house and we got ready for our night out on the town.

A fashion blogger I am not, but I had to show off my new flare jeans!

We spent the evening bar-hopping and appetizer eating and didn't go to bed until 1:30 in the morning, whew. I'm glad birthdays come once a year - I need some time to recover.

Brent with his ladies!

Until next year!!


1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Man that is A LOT of icing..ha! You look great!!!!!