Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Monthly Musings: All About Spring

I love these seasonal surveys, so let's jump into one all about spring! I need to get better about these, so I can actually do the link-up. Maybe next time. {grin}


1) Favorite Spring Fashion Pieces?

Living in Texas, there aren't THAT many differences in what I wear day-to-day - workout clothes ha. It is nice to be able to wear flip flops all the time. But I would say what I have gotten more into in recent years is rompers! I have quite a few and love wearing them. They are comfy and cute at the same time.

2) Favorite Spring Scent?

I love the smell of fresh wildflowers blooming. They go crazy in the spring and no one mows them! Of course, my beloved bluebonnet smells the best!

3) Go to Spring Meals?

If you know me at all, you know cooking is not my forte. I am seriously drawing a major blank for anything specific I cook in the spring since I cook so infrequently all the time. I need to look at the link-up for some ideas here haha!

4) Share a Spring Dessert Recipe

One thing we love is my mother-in-law's chocolate krispies, and while I think they are great year-round, we just had them at Easter so they are shouting spring to me right now!


- 6 oz butter
- 16 oz. mini marshmallows, divided
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 8 cups rice krispies

- Melt butter, add marshmallows, after melted, add Cocoa and chocolate chips
- One all melted, add the rice krispies and the rest of the marshmallows
- Once all mixed together, pour into a greased 13x9 pan
- Let cool and enjoy! 

5) Share a Few Spring Traditions

I struggled with thinking of something here! But I came up with a few.

1) Easter celebrations - Easter egg hunt at my parents on Saturday, church and pictures on Sunday, Easter lunch with Brent's parents


2) Bluebonnet pictures - you can see this year's HERE and all the ones we've taken since Trent was born HERE.

3) Wearing green on St. Patty's Day - this is pretty lame for a 'tradition' but we do it!


6) Best Spring Cleaning Hack?

We have no special cleaning routines based around the time of year. Our cleaning lady comes every 3 weeks and does the same thing every time. Rinse and repeat! I will say Brent is VERY busy getting the yard cleaned up for the spring. Raking leaves, cutting back all the dead plants, spreading fertilizer and mulch. Occasionally I help. {grin}

7) Will You Plant a Garden This Year?

Nope! I am definitely not a gardener and don't even really like vegetables all that much. Now my dad has an excellent garden, and the kids like to help him out in it. Interesting for this year, Drew is earning her gardening badge with Girl Scouts and they planted some seeds at a meeting a few weeks ago, so we do have an egg carton garden in our kitchen. Does that count? {grin}

We will be moving this to my dad's garden this week!

8) Spring Rain...Love or Hate?

I love what it brings - beautiful flowers, trees with new leaves, and green grass. But it can be a bit crazy in Texas - hail, crazy wind, infrequent tornadoes. So that part isn't fun, but I love the end result.

Hail from a storm last week

9) Favorite Spring Flower


10) Any Spring Travel This Year?

I just got back from a weekend at Great Wolf Lodge with Drew's Girl Scout troop {post forthcoming} and have 2 trips to Houston upcoming in early June, but that's it. Nothing too wild.


2 comments:

Natasha said...

How did I not know that you don't like to cook?!?!?!?

Kathryn Bagley said...

I plan on making that chocolate rice crispy-yum! that bluebonnet pic is so pretty!!