Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Favorite Things Party

Have you ever done a Favorite Things party? I hadn't until a few weeks ago and thought it was such a fun idea and made for a great holiday party. I also think you could do it anytime - it's not exclusively a good holiday party.

We did it with the AmpedUp instructors for a little holiday get together. Everybody brought an app or drink to share and then we played our game!

All the instructors who were able to join!

The favorite things - can you guess what I brought?

How the game works is pretty simple:
- Everybody brings 3 of the same thing at a set price point - you can have people wrap them or leave the unwrapped - we went with unwrapped.
- You decide an order for selecting gifts - we played games and you went in the order of how you finished. In the first round of selecting, the same gift can only be chosen 1, but in rounds 2 and 3, anything can be taken whenever.
- Enjoy your gifts!

The games we played {the options are endless for how you can choose}:
- How many marshmallows you caught in your mouth with a partner throwing them at you - absolutely hilarious
- Name the Christmas movie based off a quote - I really thought I would do well at this game and was terrible!
- Drew names out of a sack

I came home with 1) Starbucks giftcard and water bottle, 2) travel jewelry organizer, and 3) yummy smelling epsom salt bath salts. Maybe I'm dumb and everyone knows how to play this game, but I thoroughly enjoyed it!


2 comments:

Natasha said...

I want an excuse to do a favourite things party. I think it would be so fun!!!

Kathryn Bagley said...

I have never heard of this but it sounds so fun! I know what we will be doing next year!