Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Two-Step Inn

We went to an awesome 2-day music festival in our town this past weekend and had a BLAST. The company that puts on ACL put it on and did an amazing job. It was largely country music {and A LOT of 80s and 90s artists} but then with random people like T. Pain haha. We went with a bunch of our closest friends and had a great weekend. And the kids had a great weekend - they spent Saturday night with my parents and Sunday night with Brent's.

Saturday - it was much warmer on Saturday, got up to 90 degrees, and was very sunny. I might have over imbibed on the alcoholic libations {I hadn't had any alcohol since February}! We saw Doug Stone, Charlie Robison, Jo Dee Messina, Shenandoah, and finished the night with T-Pain! 

Saturday - sitting with my ladies!


Susie didn't get the memo, ha

T. Pain was incredible!

The bad part of the whole festival was...leaving. The lines for rideshares was so bad, so Brent and I started walking towards home to try and get away from the crowd. Eventually we just called his dad who came and got us. We made a plan for Sunday night for him to pick us up again. Best father-in-law ever! 

Sunday - a 'cool' front blew in so the weather was perfect - upper 60s and low 70s. I was a bit more responsible with my alcohol consumption {grin}. We saw Clay Walker, John Michael Montgomery, Paul Cauthen, Little Texas, Wynonna Judd, and finished the night with Tyler Childers.

Neighbors and friends with great taste in music

I like this progression of our photo bombers - look at each pic for these 3



John Michael Montgomery killed it!

Tyler Childers!


Trying to be cute but her hat was in the way


We really love Tyler Childers

We really enjoyed the festival and can't wait to do it again next year!


2 comments:

Natasha said...

I LOVED country music in the 90s but haven't listened to it much lately. I'll have to turn some on now though :)

Kathryn Bagley said...

omg 90's country!!! Clay Walker was my favorite and JMM?! I'm so jelly!! BTW I could immediately tell in your face you've lost weight! Looks like a great time :)