Friday, April 21, 2023

Noom Check-in #1

I've been using Noom for just over 9 weeks, and I thought it was time to do a check-in on how using the app is going as well as my overall weight loss goal.

Bottom line - I love the app and think it's really working for me! I'm down 12 pounds and still find it easy and enjoyable to use the app, and I love what I'm learning too.

In addition to being down more than 1/3 of the way to my goal, here are some non-scale victories I've celebrated as well:

-I'm wearing jeans that have been incredibly snug for a year! It's nice to pull clothes out of the closet that I haven't been able to wear for a while - it's like getting new clothes. {grin}

-I enjoyed 4 different treat days and got back on track when they were over. Enjoying a celebration or day out can stress me out because I can struggle to get back on track. 'One more day' can become my mantra that lasts for months. I love that with Noom you early treat days {1 treat day for every week that you follow the plan} that you can schedule and even save up for a vacation. You are ENCOURAGED to splurge! It was stressful to get back to weighing in after the treat days...but guess what, my day wasn't ruined by a small 'gain' and because I just enjoyed a day, that 'gain' was off within a few days. These 4 treat days have been Saturday and Sunday the past 2 weekends {Easter and Two-Step Inn Festival} - my weight has stayed just about flat since April 1, and I'm mostly ok with that because it means I've practiced good habits. I had to tell myself though 'April might be about learning patience and moderation' more than once!

-I am practicing better moderation with 'treats'. I love that as long as the food fits within your calories and your colors, there are no limits. If I want something, I look at where I am with my colors and sometimes have had to put back what I've wanted because it didn't fit...and that's ok!

-My wedding rings are comfortable again! I don't like when these don't fit, so it's really nice to get them back on.

-My friends/family who know I'm doing this are noticing the weight loss! It is amazing to feel better about yourself, but it also feels amazing when people notice your hard work!

My sister also joined Noom, and I have a co-worker who has followed Noom for awhile, and it's really great to have people to text with about all of this - having community is key!

I'm sure I'm still in the honeymoon phase, and I have a ways to go before I reach my goal...but 2 months in, and I'm feeling really good and positive!


1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I think your progress is great after 9 weeks! I love that it's working for you and you dont feel guilty about your treat days!!