Monday, August 7, 2023

I'm 43!

I had a great birthday on Saturday. It’s really nice to feel the love from friends and family! We packed a lot into the day, and I was feeling it on Sunday, ha.

I had to go to a work training Wednesday - Friday at my company's training facility, and Brent's parents kept the kids on Friday. When I got back into town I picked the kids up and had a cake waiting for me! Drew loves to bake with my mother-in-law and they made my favorite - yellow cake with homemade chocolate icing, yum!

And my girl knows me - I love hearts so she made a heart cake for me!

We started the morning with Drew's basketball game. She is LOVING playing basketball and is practicing so much and getting better. It's fun to see her be so aggressive on the court since she's not an aggressive person in real life.

I ditched our kids and got my birthday chai and went to the nail salon! I don't often get a manicure, but I did a mani/pedi {with gel nails for my hands} and had to go with a Barbie pink!

My idea of heaven!

Love this color!!

I came home to a nice surprise from Brent - 2 dozen roses, some candy, and a Starbucks gift card!

Hello you pretty ladies!

We went to lunch at my favorite restaurant {Blue Corn Harvest} with our neighbors, but I didn't get a picture, ugh. Then we headed to the pool for a couple of hours.

Also got a new bathing suit, yay!

THEN one of our favorites, Dez, had a birthday party for her {she turned 40 on Thursday} at a local BBQ place.

I got this cute dress just for the party - 
I love that my flowers from Brent matched!

Ready for BBQ and friends!

They got me a cake!

Trying to take a girl picture...FAIL!

A little better, love these ladies!

Being silly, ha

Sunday, I met Kristen for brunch. We have a tradition of eating together and then going to Kendra Scott for a 50% off birthday item.

Of course, my brunch was sweet!

And of course, Kristen's had eggs and tomatoes - GAG.

Besties for 16 years!

I ended up taking a nap Sunday afternoon and finishing a book - great birthday weekend!


2 comments:

Natasha said...

That sounds like a GREAT birthday weekend and I love your dress!

Kathryn Bagley said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday weekend!!!