Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Monthly Musings: Summer Fashion

We are getting close to the end of summer vacation, but we are still in the thick of summer, so I thought it would be fun to do a 'Monthly Musings' link-up...even though I'm late enough to not be able to link-up! Thanks, Natasha, for doing these, so I can always participate {if always late}.


1) Favorite summer outfit?

I don't know if this counts as to what the question is truly asking, but I'm obsessed with the hot pink dress I wore to Brent's work dinner in June. Could even be my favorite dress of all time! And totally perfect for this summer of Barbie pink, ha.


If it's really more what I wear the most of in the summer, that would be workout clothes or bathing suits! 

2) Favorite summer footwear?

My Birkenstocks! I have become obsessed with Birks and have so many pairs. I have a rubber pair for the pool and several leather styles - casual ones, 'fancy' ones ha.

Here's an old picture from last spring of me in a pair I lost, ha. 
I bought the same pair in rose gold this summer {and they're what I wore to the Barbie movie}. You will see me in Birks probably every day!

3) What summer accessories are you wearing on repeat?

Does my Apple watch count as an accessory? {grin} I guess that isn't seasonal though... Hmmm... I do wear Birks just about every day {as mentioned above} and I love them.

4) What do you use for a summer bag?

I got a super cute crochet crossbody bag. And starting this week, I'm using my new Bogg bag! {Story coming soon of the drama that entailed haha.}


5) What summer scents are you wearing?

I don't like perfumes because I find the scents too overwhelming, but I do love a few essential oils that I wear on repeat. And of course deodorant every day haha.

6) Maxi dress? Romper? Jumpsuit?

All of the above! I didn't think I would be a romper/jumpsuit person, but I love them so much. Comfy AND cute. I don't wear a Maxi dress very often, but I do love them too.



7) Favorite summer sunglasses?

I am a goodr girl. They are lightweight and not very expensive, so they are perfect for me. I don't have to worry about messing them up or losing them and they fit great!

And I have lots of pairs of them too!


8) Favorite summer pjs?

My pjs are the same year-round - either an old t-shirt and boxers/pajama pants or a few matching sets of pjs - either from Target or Nordstrom Rack. Nothing fancy or different per season.

9) Do you wear white after Labor Day?

I don't pay attention to 'rules' like that! I don't have a lot of white, but I'll wear whatever color whenever.

Wearing white last year in mid-September, GASP!

10) Favorite summer fashion trend right now?

I think for this summer, it's Barbie pink and all the bright colors! Now, I am not a fashionista, so that is 100% my opinion, but I have loved seeing all the Barbie brightness this summer!

Just 1 more week of summer vacation left and about 6 weeks of overall summer - lots of feelings because I've loved summer but also love the fall and the holidays!


2 comments:

Natasha said...

I LOVE your dress and HOW did I not know you were a Birk girl?!?!?!

Kathryn Bagley said...

yes that pink dress looks fabulous on you!! Fun post :)