Monday, March 7, 2022

Lent 2022

I don't often post about religion on my blog largely because for me I keep my faith journey mostly private. The quick background on me is that I was raised Catholic {so was Brent} to parents who were Catholic {my mom} and Methodist {my dad} which is the same for Brent except flip his parents. My parents both went to the Catholic church together, but my dad has never converted. Brent and I were married in the Catholic church, and he agreed with my desire to raise our kids Catholic.

One of my favorite pictures from our wedding - you can see how pretty the church is!

Some big milestones in our family {in case you wanted to go back in time}:
Trent's Baptism
Drew's Baptism
Trent's First Holy Communion
Paige's Baptism
Drew's First Holy Communion

This year, I decided to be very intentional with my Lent. A lot of times I haven't really done anything or did something half-hearted or more self-serving {always tied to losing weight ha}. This year I decided to focus on:
1) Sacrifice
2) Growing my relationship with God
3) Growing the kids' relationship with God

So here's what I've decided to do!
1) Give up fast food - we don't eat a TON of fast food, but I sure do enjoy it! I've already had a few instances of being around some and definitely felt the sacrifice of not even '1 little bite'!
2) Reading the Bible - a co-worker {hi Morgan!} told me about an app called ReadScripture that has a daily video {5-8 minutes}, a few chapters from the Bible, and 1 Psalm to read daily. It takes maybe 10 minutes a day! Kristen {the bestie} and I are doing this together, and it's great to have an accountability partner and also someone to talk to about Lent/what we're reading/growing in our faith.
3) I signed up for a Lenten challenge at church - I get an email every day with something to think about and something extra to consider doing. Today's challenge was avoiding social media for the day, so that's what I'm doing today!
4) I'm working to be more intentional with praying with the kids and also want to go to Stations of the Cross on a Friday.

I'm excited to be more intentional this year and see where and how I grow!


1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I love this! that app sounds neat! I need to be more mindful of praying, reading my Bible, and going to church.