Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Spring Break '22

Spring Break has come and gone in Texas. It feels like we just had Winter Break, and here we are...closing in on 2 months left of school, wahoo! We had a low-key Spring Break with the kids having some adventures with grandparents mostly. I took 1 day off work and took them to the zoo in Waco, which is about an hour away, with some of our besties.

Monday, my mother-in-law took the girls to paint pottery. They've done this a few times and LOVE it! Trent, of course, is too cool for this, but he went on a [pictureless] adventure with Papa.


I made the most AMAZING chicken and dumplings...
including making the dumplings from scratch!

This one has to be by me at ALL TIMES. Excuse all the clothes in the background.

I taught Body Pump 3 times - that was A LOT but it was really fun!
Me with some of my Tuesday morning regulars!

Wednesday, my parents had the kids and took them to my uncle's property outside my parents' hometown. He calls it 'Our Place'. One of my cousin's was there {my uncle's daughter} with her 2 babies. Harper is 3 and Maddox is 9 months. I only have 2 pictures with Paige, I promise Trent and Drew were there and had fun!

Paige and Maddox

Harper and Paige swinging

Thursday was our zoo day! I like that the Cameron Park Zoo isn't super big - we met in Waco for lunch and got to the zoo about 1:00. We were there until about 4:15 and saw everything, it was perfect.

I was worried Trent would be bored, but he had a great time!

All the kiddos, except baby Sparrow who was in a stroller, ha.

The only picture I'm in, boo!

THEY HAD A SLOTH!!!!!!! {Drew's favorite animal}

Trent loved the orangutan, who he named Asparagus.

'I'm on a call, Mom' {playing with my wireless headset}

All-in-all it was a fun week! The kids were all happy to go back to school on Monday and see their friends which is a HUGE win!! And now the countdown to summer IS ON!!!


2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Fun laid back spring break! I really think adults should have spring break (not using our vacation time..ha). The dumplings look amazing..please mail some! Way to go for 3 times BP!!

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

Your kids are always so cute. I love the little pottery figures the girls painted. I need that chicken & dumplings recipe!