Friday, March 25, 2022

Baby Blues

Trent loves to read. If you've read my blog for a while, you're thinking 'duh'. {grin} He really loves graphic novels the most these days and especially Manga. But his love for graphic novels really started as a kid. We used to read Transformer comics, and he has always loved looking at my dad's old collection of superhero comics from when he was a kid. He loves Calvin and Hobbes, Peanuts, anything like that. Well, a few years ago, we were in the library and there weren't any new comics for him to check out in the kids section, so I suggested we go upstairs to look in the adult comic area. 

Enter... Baby Blues!


Anybody remember this comic strip?

We found 1 copy of a Baby Blues comic book, and I remembered reading that comic strip in the paper as a teenager and thinking it was funny. Well, Trent thought it was hilarious, and a years long love affair for both him and Drew was born!

I have bought so many Baby Blues comics, and they are always a big hit here. I used to only get them for Trent - one as part of his Christmas gifts, it was always an easy gift for Valentine's Day. Maybe a year ago or so, Drew started flipping through them. She has not been as avid of a reader as Trent, so I got really excited at how quickly she engaged with them! She will sit and read it for hours and likes to point out her favorites to me.

Now I get them separate collection books for gifts and it's amazing because they will share them! I wanted to write this post to remember years from now the huge appetite my kids have for a comic series about parenting, ha!

Just the ones I could find on the kids' floors in a quick search ha!

This is probably not what anyone thought this post was going to be about when they read this title. {grin}


1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

haha this is funny! You should share some of the stories..I don't remember this comic!