Monday, May 10, 2021

Drew's First Holy Communion

On Sunday, May 2, Drew celebrated her First Holy Communion! Due to Covid, Drew didn't go to church for religious education classes this year, and we did the lessons at home with me as her teacher. It was a pretty good experience for both of us, but usually my mom is the teacher at church, and I'm sad she missed out on that opportunity.

Normally, there is 1 mass that is specifically for the First Communion kiddos, but this year {again due to Covid} they split the kids up, so Drew was with 4 other kids. My parents, Brent's parents, and my sister with her kids came. I was so glad they were able to join us!

Drew was SO excited! And here is the big reveal of her dress!
Didn't it turn out amazing? I love that my mother-in-law made it.


And the big moment!

Posing with the other kids and our new priest, Fr. Piega
A couple of funny things about this picture:
1) the girl to the right of Drew is technically YOUNGER than Drew. 
The height difference blew my mind.
2) Drew did NOT want to wear a veil, which was fine. I wanted her to be happy.
But Trent commented on the other girls being way overdressed, ha.

This picture gives me all the feels.

One lucky girl! She loves and is SO loved by all 4 of her grandparents.

After the service, we went and had hamburgers with my parents, sister, and her kids at a local place that has an outdoor play space. It wasn't a fancy party or anything, but we had a great time celebrating!


4 comments:

Erika said...

Awwww so fun and SO beautiful!! The dress is just lovely!! I'm so glad she got to do this in person and you could have guests with you!!

Kathryn Bagley said...

She looks so pretty and I love her dress! I love that both sides of the family are so supportive! Happy Communion Drew!

Natasha said...

I LOVE her dress! And how exciting that you could celebrate this with family! I love it!!!

Emily said...

Very pretty! Most jarring, of course, to me is no masks in an indoor space. Not allowed up here yet! A bunch of my friends had first communion for their kids and they all bought these beautiful white lace masks for girls and black masks with a cross for boys. Themed communion masks!