Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Mother's Day Views from Paige

Parenting toddlers/preschoolers is such a wild ride, and Paige is no exception. Generally, she is such a happy kid with such a fun personality. She is definitely finding her place as an independent person, but she is really such a fun kid. However, twice over Mother's Day weekend, she really put me in my place.

First, on Friday when I picked the kids up from school, Paige climbed into the car just grinning from ear-to-ear {which is nothing new} and handed me a card she made for me for Mother's Day. She was SO proud of the card she made and as she gave it to me, she said 'Happy Valentine's Day!'. HA! She knew something special was going on, just not really what!


Sunday, on Mother's Day, we were getting ready to go to a birthday party. I was getting dressed and Paige made the following comment:

'You have big, big, big, big, big fat breasts.

And a fat tummy.

And fat legs.

And fat ankles.

And a fat butt.

And fat arms.'

THANKS, PAIGE! I love you too! Are there any body parts you forgot to mention you'd like to comment on?

She's lucky she's cute!

I'm really glad I don't rely on this child for my self-esteem!


3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

awww love you friend! You are BEAUTIFUL! silly P!

Natasha said...

Rachel often asks me, "Why are your bras so big, Mommy?" She calls "breasts" "bras" and I'm not going to correct her anytime soon!!!

Emily said...

Thousands of women pay a LOT of money for big fat breasts! And at least she is anatomically correct, in our house we still call them "nursing things" (eye roll)