Friday, November 16, 2012

Baby Gurl Bumpdate: 34 Weeks

34 weeks! Time is just marching by. 85% of the way through. People are starting to ask how close I am, ha.

Appointment is later today (with the doctor and not the midwife), so I'll update with details.

Everything went great at the OB. I just love my practice. They get me, get what I want out of this pregnancy and delivery and just encourage me in every way. Baby Gurl cooperated beautifully and is head down!!

I'm starting to think about when I'll go into labor. Since I was induced with Trent and plan to not be this time, it makes it all new and scary. I've talked with the families about what to do with Trent when she starts to come.



Weight Gain: 29 pounds

Maternity Clothes: Nothing new to report here. 99% of what I wear is maternity, but I've been pretty fortunate to only have to buy a few things.

Movement: It's starting to get painful. She is still super active, but I do grimace as an elbow or knee grinds into me. Ha. She also manages to push right on my bladder which makes me pee a little. Good times!



Sleep: Getting worse. Brent says I snore every night, oh well. 

What I Miss: Ease of movement. Not being hot constantly. So thankful it's finally cooling off!

Cravings: No real cravings, I'm just hungry ALL.THE.TIME. I could eat all day long, but I do fill up a lot faster.

Symptoms: I think I'm having some Braxton-Hicks or maybe some minor {super minor} contractions. Having some minor heartburn. I didn't get much with Trent so hoping it stays minor... It's harder to breathe and workouts have turned into just walking and not very often. Not really happy with myself about that but hoping to get a little better over the next few weeks. I'm starting to waddle!



Best Moment of the Week: OMG. Brent put all the nursery furniture together. Love it all.

Worst Moment of the Week: When discussing natural birth with Brent and he said 'You know you can't do it. You asked for an epidural immediately with Trent.' I could have killed him.

Other Random Stuff: Even after Brent's comment, I think he's okay with a doula. He didn't balk at the price, so I'm going to a Meet the Doula night tomorrow (hopefully) and will move forward with my plan! I also finished my first natural birth book {I love you Ina May Gaskin}. I have a lot I still want to do in the next 6 weeks that I'm starting to freak out about. (1) Tour the hospital (since we're at a new one)...this one isn't that important. (2) Take a pain management class. (3) Have B meet new OB/midwife - eek - he hasn't met them yet!


Comparison pic...I think I protrude further with BG but taller/longer w/ T??


One more appointment at the 2 week interval and then I start going every week! Yippee!

4 comments:

plauschinat said...

Good luck with the natural birth! I think a lot of it is attitude and that you have the desire and determination necessary. The other piece is Baby Gurl and hopefully she cooperates and doesn't stall during labor. I think a doula will be incredible helpful as well. I tried with Harper but could not get past transition without an epidural...my body was really fighting the pain and couldnt get in a groove...I was disappointed in myself at first but quickly got over it as I had a cute little one to distract me. :)

Heather said...

I'm soooo envious that you get to see Dr. Campaign so frequently! :)

KristenW said...

So proud of you. I had no doubt in my mind that you can do this. This pregnancy has flown by (for me!!)

Kelly said...

Do not listen to Brent! You can do it!!:)