Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Lighthearted Law & Order: SVU Moment

On Friday at nap time, Brent and I were watching Law & Order: SVU. That's the one show we watch together, and it's my FAVE show. {I might be obsessed with Mariska Hargitay.} Although the last 4 episodes have all revolved around crimes against children. I told Brent I needed some dead prostitutes! I can't handle all the kid stories!! Anyway, we heard Trent's door open, so Brent jumped up to go see what was happening.  The conversation went down like this:

Brent: What are you doing?
Trent: I have brown stuff all over my hands.
Brent: Brown stuff? What did you get that was brown?
***Brent walks further into Trent's room.***
Brent: Did you poop?

At this point, I jumped up as well. Yup. Our kid {who has been potty trained for a YEAR} took off his diaper, pooped in his closet, and smeared it around - the carpet, his legs, his feet... I have heard horror stories from friends of babies who got into their diapers, but we have never had the misfortune of that. So we honestly were shocked that at almost 3 1/2 we would now be dealing with a carpet full of poop and a child covered in it! Brent washed him and I cleaned his closet floor as best I could and T finally went to sleep.

We didn't punish him because I don't know that we've ever really told him that was inappropriate. I guess we incorrectly assumed he knew better. So we have told him about 100 times since then that he WILL get in trouble if that ever happens again.

Seriously. This kid keeps us on our toes!

2 comments:

plauschinat said...

Im cracking up...but only because I wasn't the one who had to clean it up!

Anonymous said...

welcome to the club of "parents with poop smearers". It is a stinky and messy place to be - but it gives us good things to blog about.