Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sad Sack Reprieve: Sillies

My blog [and heart] have been heavy lately.  Between my mom's heart and my uncle's passing, I feel like I've been a real Debbie Downer.  So I wanted to keep the mood light today!
  • I scored 108 points on Words with Friends against Brent.  Coolest moment ever.  Until I realized I was still behind by 40 points.  Ugh.
  • Brent and I got into a big argument about cod liver oil.  Oh the ridiculousness of our discussions these days!  When is he going to accept that Mama knows best?
  • Ever heard of Fly Lady?  A website dedicated to helping you get organized and keeping your house clean.  Best part?  It's all about doing everything quickly!
  • Even if it's for a sad occasion, I am happy to see almost all of my cousins this weekend.  One of my cousin's is 37 weeks pregnant so she won't be traveling down from Dallas.
  • How am I going to reconcile chai lattes with a dairy-free lifestyle?  Still on the fence about how far I want to take DF/GF...  Anyone want to share what they do?
  • I'm reading 3 books right now and have 2 waiting for me at the library.  Sometimes I have trouble remembering the plot of the book I pick up!
  • It actually felt cooler this morning when I walked outside for boot camp.  For the first time in my life, I am SO excited about fall!
  • Trent refused to eat ONE blueberry to be able to eat some cake at my sister's last night.  He kept asking for 'Happy birthday', and when I would tell him he had to eat a blueberry (or strawberry or peach...you get the picture), he would say 'No'.  I've got my hands full with that one. {grin}


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Never heard of fly lady, but it looks interesting. Makes you want to be organized.

Kelly said...

What bootcamp are you doing??

I hope some of our discussion yesterday about the DF/GF stuff helped a little!

Call you later this afternoon! :)