Thursday, August 4, 2011

Update on the Mama

Thank you so much for all the kind words and prayers!  It means so much to me and my family.  My mom was especially touched when I told her so many of her former students were praying for her.  She was able to go home Tuesday night after being in the hospital for several hours.  Her heart stayed in a-fib for over 4 hours, and it was one of her worst episodes.  The discharge nurse told her to call her doctor (duh) and to call an ambulance next time!  Mom was supposed to go see her heart doctor yesterday, but he had to cancel for an emergency surgery, so now she is back on the medicine that she does not like (it makes her feel terrible) and will be going to the doctor next week.  So we're just hoping for no episodes (or at least no bad ones!) and a solution soon!!

2 of my faves!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of prayers still heading her (and your family's) way.

Kelly said...

Still thinking and praying for you and Janice. Update us next week when she sees the doctor!

Anonymous said...

I'm still praying for your mama... she's one tough cookie but I'm sure its still scary for yall. My whole family is keeping her in their thoughts. Cele

Val said...

Oh, Allena. I'm so sorry! I'm just now reading this about your mom. I'm sorry my prayers weren't there on that night, but they will be from now on. Please keep us posted.

plauschinat said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I will be praying for her health and strength for your family.