Monday, August 29, 2011

He's a Big Boy...and a Mommy Fail

Trent has never tried to climb out of his crib.  Before Friday night that is.  Then all of the sudden my son was a freaking monkey.  Saturday after his nap, Brent asked him to 'show Daddy' how he gets out of his bed.  Yup.  Scaled it.  Sunday we trekked in the 111 degree heat (yes, you read that correct...we live in hell) to Baby Earth to buy a bed rail to convert our big boy's {I swear I just had him yesterday, isn't he still a newborn??} crib.  Except...I bought the rail that ISN'T for toddler beds. #Mommyfail

Notice anything wrong?  Oh yes, he has no opening to get in and out of bed.

By the time I figured that out though it was too late to go back to the store.  So Monkey Boy was just going to have to sleep this way one night. 

We got a wake-up call at 7:15 (although I was already awake cleaning my bathroom...yes you also read that correctly...I was CLEANING) when a certain toddler sauntered into our room.

Yup, he managed to get out without an opening.

Guess who is going shopping during lunch today?


4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

That is hilarious!! Does he really need the baby rail? Our crib converts to a toddler bed and Jacob was fine without the rail. He never fell out and it is really close to the ground so even if he did, he wouldn't get hurt. Yours maybe higher up though. Jacob has been sleeping in his twin bed in Matthew's room the last few weeks, so I'm about to take the crib/toddler bed down!!

STACEY said...

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

That was great! :) - allison

Kelly said...

Oh Trent! haha!