Friday, August 12, 2011

Hippie Chick

Yesterday, I had my first consultation with the homeopath from the seminar I attended a few weekends back.  I had such a great appointment with her, learned a lot, have a lot more I want to research, bought a lot of stuff (like whoa a lot), and got quite a few sarcastic 'hippie' comments from the hubs.
  • We're in the process of going {mostly} gluten free and dairy free.  Trent loves coconut milk, and I like both coconut and almond milk.  I heard there's a coconut milk yogurt that I'm going to seek out; I'm kind of concerned about cheese...  Essentially though, what I'm learning is that dairy and gluten are both so hard on your system that even without an intolerance/allergy it is still best to eliminate as much as possible.
  • I bought several vitamins/supplements to help boost T's immune system.  Being a daycare kid, I feel like he catches a lot of stuff, and if I can keep his system healthier overall, why not, right?
  • I also talked with Kaya about my struggles with post-partum anxiety.  {Can we just say I was a little mortified as I teared up while sharing some of my struggles?  Ugh - just such a horrible time of my life.}  She's recommended several supplements I take now to help with my overall brain/hormone health and other things we'll try as baby growing commences (still not anytime soon). 
I'm super excited {and very overwhelmed} about this journey - I think overall it's going to be great changes for our family.  I just have to figure out how to make it all happen (and try to get my husband on-board).  Wish us luck!!

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Sounds really cool. You should check out one of my friends blogs http://www.thegfcflady.com/

She had to go gluten/dairy free for her autistic children. She has tons of easy recipies that you may want to check out...

Kelly said...

They make non-dairy cheeses...my favorite is almond cheese. It is really good. Whole Foods has it and so does Sprouts.

Melissa said...

Wow! I don't think I could do it. I LOVE cheese!! Good for you though. I'm sure you will feel very healthy. David would laugh at me if I even brought it up.