Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Help! I've Fallen and I Can't CAN Get Up!

"Muffin-top", also known as "Dunlap Syndrome"is a generally pejorative slang term used to describe the phenomenon of overhanging flesh (fat) when it spills over the waistline of pants or skirts in a manner that resembles the top of a muffin spilling over its paper casing. {Courtesy Wikipedia}


I was doing SOOO good.  I was 5 pounds from my pre-baby weight.  And then it happened.  I fell off the wagon. I have put on a good 10 pounds this summer.  Sigh.  That's hard to admit.  Yes, I'm doing a boot camp.  But that isn't enough to remove the effects of chai lattes, Mexican food lunches, ice cream, more chai lattes...you get the picture.  Trent is TWO YEARS OLD.  This is past ridiculous.  But I'm recommitting myself TODAY!  Not sure yet on a few things - thinking about joining Weight Watchers, totally banning Starbucks from my life for a few pounds...we'll see.  Either way, I MEAN it!  These pounds have gotta go!

What I did today:


{via}
 
Here's hoping I can fit into my work pants by the time I actually need to be wearing pants again.  Please, fall, please get here really soon!  I honestly would rather be in dresses and cold than have 1 more day of this horrible heat. {grin}

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Girl, I totally hear you! Maybe we should do a weight loss challenge...I can't get these last ten pounds of baby weight to go away!! See u this weekend...for lasagna and breadsticks and cupcakes....oh wait, I see why I can't get it to go away. Lol!

Hanna said...

I hear ya! I was doing good and then I ended up back in the office everyday. By the time I get home, get the baby to bed, etc. I hardly feel like moving. But, the holiday season is approaching and this non-breastfeeding momma won't be able to take the liberties I did last year. :-) Time to suck it up (and quit eating...not to get my pants on).

Kelly said...

I think you look great! :) But I know that feeling of wanting to lose a few pounds. I like your bootcamp routine...looks tough! I bet once it gets cooler you will want to be more active anyway. This heat is killer!

Anonymous said...

It happens to everyone ..even to us with no children so dont be hard on your self :)

There is a app called "lose it" and it works very much like weight watchers but, the great thing about it is it is free. You can download it from the app store to your phone and you are ready to go!