Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Prayer Request

My mom has always had an irregular heart beat.  Almost 3 years ago, she had an ablation to fix it.  It took...until this summer.  She's been having some spells this summer with a really fast and irregular heart beat.  Her heart doctor is stumped as to why the ablation worked for so long and stopped, and he has been trying to fix it with meds...and they haven't been working.  Today it was really bad, and I took her to the emergency room.  She's still there (with my dad), but we don't have any information.  When we were on our way to the hospital, she squeezed my hand and said 'Today is the first time I've been scared.'  My mom is so brave, so wonderful and so loved.  So I'm asking for prayers for my mom tonight.  That the doctors figure out what is wrong and can fix it.  That my dad is strong for her.  That she isn't scared anymore.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

13 comments:

Laura said...

I am praying Allena! Please keep us updated.

Laura (Kenas) Sherman

Melissa said...

We are praying also.

Anonymous said...

many prayers for her and your family. my mom also suffers from an irregular heartbeat and all the meds and stuff never seem to work for too long. it is so scary when we have to admit that our parents aren't invincible. many hugs to you.

The Krause's said...

My prayers are with you and your family too! Hugs!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness...If you need anything just ask me. You know I love your mom so much. I am praying!!

the blogivers said...

:( Praying. Keep us posted...

Anonymous said...

I love you & your family. Will definitely say prayers for your mom & family. -Allison

Anonymous said...

Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers!! Please keep us updated. ~Carrie

STACEY said...

Oh Allena, she is & you all are in my thoughts.

STACEY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Watkins Family said...

Hope everything is ok! keep us updated!!

Heather said...

Thinking about you friend and your mama and Dad!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you and your family. Hang in there ~
Cste.