Friday, February 18, 2022

Movie Review: The Hating Game

I don't normally blog about movies I've watched on TV, but The Hating Game holds a special place in my bookworm heart, and I was so excited when I heard it was being made into a movie! Unfortunately, it was a limited release and didn't come to ATX. It is on several streaming platforms, so I watched it this weekend and just had to share about it.
 

Plot: Resolving to achieve professional success without compromising her ethics, Lucy embarks on a ruthless game of one-upmanship against cold and efficient nemesis Joshua, a rivalry that is complicated by her growing attraction to him.

Review: I was very nervous about this because of how much I love the book and how often movies get books wrong. But my initial thoughts upon seeing the poster and trailer was I liked who they cast. After finishing the movie, I have mixed thoughts. I still love the casting, but they made a lot of changes that I didn't think were necessary {and made it really cheesy}. BUT...it was also funny at times and very sexy {which is an important part of the plot}. So like I said, mixed emotions! Bottom line - I'm glad I watched it, but I'm also glad I only paid $3 to see it! The book continues to REIGN SUPREME!!! 


1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Might have to check this book out!! Then watch movie..ha!