Tuesday, February 15, 2022

A Nice Little Weekend

Whenever I do a weekend recap, I always think of Will Ferrell in Old School, which is an iconic movie to me. I have learned, however, that 'younger' people don't feel that way and I feel really old, ha.


But this weekend was actually a lot of fun! On Friday, we went to watch one of our high school friends coach his basketball team. We've done this on-and-off through the years {stupid Covid broke our tradition}. Usually it's an adult trip but this time we brought the kids. It was our Ruidoso crew, and we had a blast!

Fancy Sonic dinners

Drew, Grant, and our baby love, Emmett

Paige, Hattie, and Keaton cheering on the 'Pugs' {supposed to be the Cubs}

Drew and Emmett holdings hands, I died.

Tom, the coach, and his wife had a baby in July. Karin and baby Sparrow.

Coach Tom and the gang

We ended the evening at Riley and Susie's house - I love hanging out with my people.

Saturday we had a crazy windy day and it was so nice to chill at home. The neighbor's grandkids played with our kids, which makes for a fabulously lazy parenting day.

I did get in my jazzercise workout.

Sunday we had church, Drew and I sold Girl Scout cookies, and then we celebrated our neighbor's son's 6th birthday. Grant is one of our favorites, and he loves football, so it was fun to celebrate him AND the Superbowl!

Happy birthday, G!!

We played squares and Grant and I won 2 quarters each! I won 1st and 3rd, and he won 2nd and 4th. What a fun Superbowl, ha.

Our Halftime winnings.

My total winnings - I'm so smart about football. {grin}

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!


2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Ok ms money!! Looks like a very fun weekend :) My cookies should be arriving soon!

Natasha said...

What a fun weekend! Did you really win $100?!?!?! If so, I'm coming to visit so we can go spend it! Hahaha!!!