Tuesday, February 8, 2022

A 'Regular' Texas Snow

I was looking back on my blog in February of the past few years and we've had snow 3 years in a row in February! So crazy as the snow in 2020 was Paige's first snow {at 3 years old}, and now we've had it 3 years in a row. It's also crazy to think about February 2020 and what we didn't know what right around the corner!

Paige's First Snow, February 2020

That pictures are kind of laughable but that's what our snow days used to look like ha. A little light dusting. You can also see what the kids are wearing - the extent of our 'winter gear'.

Then last year, we had not 1 but TWO winter storms - both of which had a lot of snow for Texas. The second one being insanely cold for Texas with more snow than I've ever seen at home. We lost power for hours on end over multiple days, we didn't have work or school for a week!


This year's snow looked more like 2020 but we had ice on the roads so the kids didn't have school. It was so little snow I didn't even take pictures of our yard!

We did hang out with the neighbors a lot, 
and I love that the kids got to use their New Mexico winter clothes again!

Monday afternoon - still a little bit of snow that needed to melt.

I wonder if having a winter storm every February is going to be normal for us? It's definitely fun to get a little snow every year, but I definitely don't want all the snow people up north get, ha!


3 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh come on -- wouldn't you want to experience an Ontario snow day at least once?!?!?! Hahahaha!!!

Emily said...

I'm with Natasha. Some day we'll all go to Canada and you can experience a real snow day.

Kathryn Bagley said...

I was very happy for the day off here in Louisiana but we got nothing..ha! And of course it's 70 right now! wth!