Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Oscar 2021 Fashion

I didn't watch the Oscars on Sunday night because I only watched 1 new movie in 2020 {Wonder Woman 84} and didn't even know what was nominated. Allison, we have got to get our acts together and get back on track in 2021! BUT I did check out Oscar fashion and have some thoughts!

First, I feel like the ladies overall looked lovely! And the men! There were so many exciting looks for the guys - lots of fun colors and different takes on the traditional tuxedo, it was a lot of fun looking at the guys!

Let's start with some ladies!

Andra Day
This is just okay for me. It fits her great, but for the Oscars I think you EITHER do the side cut-out or the super high slit. It was just a little much for me.

Angela Bassett
She looks amazing, and I loved that the poofy sleeves actually tied in a bow on the back. The simple jewelry made the sleeves/bow really standout.

H.E.R.
I love the concept of what this should be, but it's too much fabric.
I love the sparkly fabric, it's so beautiful, I just wish there was less!

Halle Berry
I'm sorry but I don't love this. I can't really tell you why either, it's just ok.
I really don't like her hair either. Eek.

Laura Dern
I don't have high expectations for her, and this was fine.

Margot Robbie
I just have 1 word to say: Damn!

Olivia Coleman
She usually looks pretty bad, so I'm going to call this one a win!
I love her shoes so much.

Reese Witherspoon
This looks really similar to other dresses we've seen in years past.
I think she looks great but nothing new.

Viola Davis
I've gone back and forth on this look. It isn't my favorite look, but it looks great on her. I love her hair and jewelry and va-va-va-voom! I also look that it is structured on top {but so flirty with the cut-outs} and then so flowy on bottom.

For the first time, let's get excited for some fun fashion for the men!

Brad Pitt
He can make everything look great. He's wearing a very basic look, 
but he looks anything but basic. {grin}

Colman Domingo
Holy smokes this is amazing. Now is this what I would have wanted Brent to wear to our wedding? Of course not. But this is just posh and glamorous and so fun.
Tons of Swarovski crystals, a perfect fit and great shoes. Loved it!

Daniel Kaluuya
I like this too. You can tell the suit is so nice, and I like the diamond necklace to dress it up. A smile wouldn't have hurt though!

Lil Rel Howery
I almost love this. The jacket is gorgeous, I love how the shirt/tie/lapels/pants match. My only complaint is I wish the pants weren't so wide at the bottom and I don't love that the shoes also match. But overall so nice.

Questlove
I mean seriously, you have to give props to someone who decides they want to wear gold crocs to the Oscars. Ha!

Best Dressed

Amanda Seyfried
She looks like a movie STAR. And she has 2 kids - one of whom she had in September. Y'all know how I feel about inner boob and hers is perfect AND SHE HAS TWO CHILDREN. What kind of magic is that???

Regina King
I love this dress - the sleeves that look like butterfly wings, the color, the fit, the beading, the simple jewelry, the scalloped edges. She looks gorgeous!

Zendaya
I went back and forth on this one and finally decided I loved it.
This much skin wouldn't look great on everyone {take note, JLo}, but on her petite frame and the color - it's beautiful. I also love the statement necklace.

Leslie Odom, Jr.
This man can do no wrong in my book. He looks fabulous and this is a show-stopper.

Riz Ahmed
I have no words, please just wipe up my drool.

Worst Dressed

Chloe Zhao
While I am THRILLED by her Oscar win, I cannot get onboard with this outfit.

Glenn Close
This is just too heavy. Then add the pants and gloves. Too much.

Vanessa Kirby
I didn't recognize Princess Margaret at first - this is SO severe.
She is too skinny, the color of the dress fades into her skin, and then throw in that super dark lip - I just don't think any of this works.

Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher
Isla looks great, but I can't with Sacha. Nope, nope, nope.

Lankeith Stanfield
This is a super fun outfit and fits great - it just doesn't seem like an Oscars outfit.

What do you think? Did you watch any of the show? Who were your favorites?



3 comments:

Natasha said...

I know nothing about this year's Oscars -- haven't seen any of the movies -- don't know any of the winners -- BUT if I ever have to get dressed for a red carpet premiere -- you are going to be my go to person!!!

Emily said...

Colman Domingo is my fav. That bright pink suit against his black skin and beard is just absolutely totally stunning. Also similar with Leslie Odom Jr; the tailoring is perfect and he looks amazing. I feel like Regina King and Margot Robbie had a similar idea (simple silver) but while Robbie looks beautiful, King looks like an Oscar Star.

Kathryn Bagley said...

I was hoping you'd do an Oscar post. Didn't watch any of it but figured I'd see some pics here..ha!