Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Movie Review: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Because of my love/hate relationship with Sons of Anarchy and my definite love for Charlie Hunnam, I've wanted to see King Arthur for a long time. The Rotten Tomato score and terrible box office didn't deter me, and I convinced Allison it was a good idea {being at our local dollar cinema didn't hurt my case}, so we checked it out over this past weekend.


Plot: Robbed of his birthright, Arthur comes up the hard way in the back alleys of the city. But once he pulls the sword from the stone, he is forced to acknowledge his true legacy - whether he likes it or not.

Review: This COULD have been awesome. It reminded Allison and me both of The Knight's Tale in that it mixed up modern music with the story and made it kind of rock and roll. It also did some fun stuff with the way the story was told and the camera effects. And the plot was almost really good. But it was just too much - too dramatic, too full of itself, too much w/ the giant snakes and water demons, too much heavy breathing {sorry Charlie!} and and and. I definitely enjoyed it enough {and loved 2 hours of Charlie}, but Allison hated it. I heard the intent was for it to be a 6-movie series, but I just don't think that's going to happen. Bottom line -  We were both glad it was only $3!

4 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Boo! On a side note some of the girls in my BC have been casting characters we think would fit the lunar series and I used Charlie as one..lol..as Jax but not as aggressive!

Anonymous said...

Does it help that I wanted to like it??? Can't believe it was going to be a movie series after it bombed so bad. - AP

Anonymous said...

That's how I felt about Transformers. I've always enjoyed and been entertained by the movies, but they're just getting to be TOO MUCH.

Karen said...

And this is by the same director doing the live action Aladdin...