Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Banana Almond Butter Muffins

I have been trying to find some recipes that would freeze well and be easy breakfasts for the kiddos after Smoochie gets here. But you guys know I'm kind of nuts about ingredients which can make it kind of challenging for me when I'm looking online. Well, I think I found a winner! Paleo! Gluten free! Dairy free!

Banana Almond Butter Muffins


Ingredients:
-2 eggs
-2 ripe bananas
-1 cup almond butter {check your ingredients for hidden sugar}
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. vanilla
-1/8 to 1/4 c. honey {optional}

1. Mix all ingredients together using either a blender of mixer. I used my mixer since it seemed less messy.
2. Pour into lined muffin tins - fill about 2/3 full. Should make about 15 muffins.
3. Cook at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.

When I found this recipe on Pinterest, it didn't have the honey, but I thought it would need a little something. I did 1/4 c. which would be less than 1 tsp./muffin which is an additional 20 calories and 5 g of sugar. Given my kids get almost no added sugar in a day, I am comfortable with this, but next time I make this recipe, I'll probably do less and experiment with what makes them a little sweeter without going overboard.

Bottom line: They were delicious! Drew loved them, Trent still hasn't tried one {anyone else shocked by this?}, but I'm working on him!

4 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

They look good!

the blogivers said...

These do look yummy - and easy! Also, please tell me how your children eat so little (or no) added sugar each day. (That's not sarcasm, I'm actually asking you!) Can you give me an example of what they eat in a day?

Emily said...

What Alison said above! It would be fun to see a post about your food routine and sample recipes with kids!

Karen Peterson said...

Oooh, that sounds yummy and easy! My kind of recipe!