Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oh Trent...The Conference

So we had our 'conference' at school yesterday to discuss Trent's behavior.  It actually really went well, and this week we've had 3 good days!  The way his incedent report was worded made me think they thought his behavior wasn't developmentally normal, but one of the first things they said was that they recognized it was normal.  It just isn't acceptable (duh).  So we discussed how we react at home to outbursts, how they react at school when he has outbursts, if the outbursts are happening more in the morning vs. afternoon, etc.  Overall, it was a good discussion.  So I don't think we're being asked to leave the school just yet!  Now if we can just get him to stop with the hair pulling and pushing (and, of course, the laughing afterwards)! {grin}

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I was wondering about this. I never thought it wasn't normal. I think children always push their boundaries to see how far they can get away with something. I am glad the conference went well and I am sure this isn't the last of Trent's antics...or any child's for that matter! Hang in there super mommy! :)