Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Baby Girl Gets A Name!

It is official - it takes Patty and me forever to name babies!  Because Patty and David wanted to go home today, Baby Girl needed a name.  I was at the hospital when they got serious about picking a name, so I became scribe and referee/mediator (as my sister showed a little irritation at her husband as he kept repeating names she had already vetoed - and we thought I was the only one with a temper).  At the end of the day, this is what our board looked like:


A name was picked, birth certificate paperwork completed and turned in...and then David had 'buyer's remorse'.  Birth certificate paperwork was retrieved and Baby Girl was renamed.

So enough talking already - WHAT is Baby Girl's name?!?! 

It was Quinn Elise.

It is Blair Allyn.

What is so sweet about David is the reason he didn't want to stick with Quinn was because there was no family significance to it.  Miles' name (first and middle) is all about David's family.  So yours truly get a shout out via Blair's middle name - what, what - you got it - she's named after ME!  Okay, okay, she's named after my dad and grandpa but sorta me too. {grin}

So...cutest baby girl name ever to go with the cutest baby girl ever?  Yup!


3 comments:

Katie @ Modern-Day Family said...

so much fun! I love it! Quinn was at top of my list as you know and Erik and I both really like Blair! In fact Blaire is still in the running for middle name for Chloe :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Blair. I have a sweet friend named that. Something you don't hear very often but feminine and timeless.

Kelly said...

I like Blair Allyn better than Quinn Elise...and I immediately caught the family reference! Funny story when I was kid and we played "pretend" used different names, I always chose Blair! :)