Thursday, January 6, 2011

Review: The King's Speech

Allison and I went to see 'The King's Speech' on Tuesday night.  We have taken to going to movies during the week because the weekends just get too busy, and so far it's working out great!  It's such a nice treat during the week. {grin}


Synopsis: The story of King George VI of Britain, his impromptu ascension to the throne and the speech therapist who helped the unsure monarch become worthy of it.

Review: Allison and I both LOVED this movie.  We can definitely see it winning lots of Oscars.  Collin Firth did an amazing job as King George VI, Geoffrey Rush was really goofy as the speech therapist, and the story itself is so touching.  Most people don't know the story of King George VI (I do a little bit because of an awesome Danielle Steele miniseries 'Jewels' - ha), but it's a story worthy of a soap opera.  I also loved that Bellatrix, Wormtail and Dumbledore from Harry Potter were in the movie.  {Nerd alert}  Anyway, this movie gets an A+ and 2 very enthuisiastic thumbs up from both Allison and me!

1 comments:

Jill said...

oh goody! finally someone reviewed this movie. i can't convince jake to go see it, but wasn't sure if it was worth going to see by myself after work one day.

ps: fave part of this post = "I also loved that Bellatrix, Wormtail and Dumbledore from Harry Potter were in the movie."

yessssssssssssss!