Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Golden Globes 2011

Finally!  Whew!  Unless you live under a rock, you know that the Golden Globes were on Sunday night.  Pretty typical awards show, but I started it an hour late (love DVR) and was able to fast forward through a lot of acceptance speeches {grin} so I thought it was a pretty enjoyable show.

Highlights:
  • Ricky Gervais was hysterical as the host, but he said some pretty tacky stuff.  Anyone think he'll experience any whiplash from his comments?
  • 'Glee' won 3 awards!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Including Best TV Show - Comedy or Musical!!!!!!!!!  Chris Kolfer's acceptance speech was wonderful.
  • A lot of dad winners gave shout outs to their daughters, which I thought was adorable.
And now...the fashion!

Everybody from 'Glee'!

Did these ladies know they were going to an award show?  Not quite appropriate IMO.  I think January Jones and Halle Berry look HOT (Christina looks a hot mess) but not quite right.

A few couples.  I added Angie and Brad because I actually liked her dress (hair and make-up...not so much) which is rare.  Catherine Zeta-Jones looked beautiful (not sure why the collage cut-off poor Michael Douglas).  Robert Downey Jr. needs to dress his age and Tilda Swinton needs a stylist!

All these ladies get 2nd place for 'Best Dressed' from me.  This year I felt like most people looked 'good' and very few looked 'great' but I did love all these dresses.  (Yes, I realize Natalie Portman is in here twice.  My bad.)

 Underwhelmed.  And all of these were 1 step away from 'Worst Dressed'.  Yuck.


Best dressed vs. Worst Dressed
At first I wasn't crazy about Anne Hathaway but overall I thought she looked AMAZING, and her dress was super unique, fit her like a glove and the back was insanely hot.  Hair and make-up were flawless.  Michelle Williams, on the other hand, just looks like a flower child gone wrong.  The color, pattern, hair, everything!  BLECH!


4 comments:

Val said...

You know I was just happy for Robert Pattinson's appearance!! :)

Kelly said...

LOVE IT! I thought Sandra Bullock looked awful! Her dress was bad and her hair was awful...too much bangs!! Blech! I loved loved Anne Hathaway too...her dress was awesome. She wore it perfectly. I also liked Claire Daines a lot...the pink was really pretty on her. And of course, Keira Sedgewick (spelling??) looked great in the vibrant orange!

Natalie Portman is pregnant?? I had no idea. Is she married?

Anonymous said...

HAHA...I love Kelly's comment about Natalie Portman....of course she is NOT married, it is Hollywood, but claims she is 'engaged'. I so enjoy your awards show updates. keep up the great work, allena! and tell brent that I said this was a super interesting blog.

plauschinat said...

Loved Anne Hathaway as well as Olivia Wilde and Mila Kunis. With Sandra Bullock and ScarJo right next to each other in your collage it made me see they have similar tastes in dresses and men (but who doesn't love Ryan Renolds?).