Monday, January 17, 2011

Movie Review: The Social Network

Before I give my review of 'The Social Network', I must say that it has been killing me not to talk about the Golden Globes yet.  It's always my excuse, but work has kept me from really collecting all the pictures I want to post and dishing on what I thought.  Expect that tomorrow...hopefully! {grin}

Plot: A chronicle of the founding of Facebook, the social-networking Web site. {from imdb.com}


Review: Allison and I have now hit up our 3rd 'expected to be nominated for the Oscars' movie (and Golden Globe winner for Best Picture).  I thought it was a fascinating story about everything we didn't know about the creation of Facebook (like it originally being called 'The Facebook') and the involvement of Sean Parker (founder of Napster) and what a big jerk Mark Zuckerberg seemed to be.  It really did make for great entertainment.  I liked how they set-up the story with large pieces happening during depositions as Mark is being sued (twice!) over Facebook.  Bottom line: We both really enjoyed it but didn't think it was better than 'The King's Speech'.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I am DYING for your review of the Globes!! I love it when you do your fashion reviews! I haven't seen either of these movies but I want to!