Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Irony of The Biggest Loser

'The Biggest Loser' is my favorite show on TV - anyone who talks to me knows that because I love to share every detail of the most recent episode - analyzing who is a good competitor, who had good weight loss, what parts made me cry... I think this show is so motivating - even for people not trying to lose weight. In the past, I would love to watch the show and run on the treadmill; who doesn't want to work out when you see morbidly obese people fighting for their lives?? Well, this season is a bit different for me, duh, since I'm pregnant. Now I eat (and eat and eat) while watching. Our treadmill is possessed and after 3 calls to customer service is STILL not working (Brent wants to throw it away, and I'm close to agreeing), so there's no running while watching. After a day at work where I wore my pants not only unbuttoned but unzipped (you gotta love the Bella Band), it's so weird to be watching my favorite show and enjoying weight GAIN!!! Here's to pregnancy!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wanna know something...I've endured 3 amazingly wonderful pregnancies of 60+ weight gain (is that airing dirty laundry). :) It was worth every pound of it! Enjoy yourself!!

KerrisKorner said...

I agree with Heather...my first pregnancy was about a 35-40 weight gain and I still got back to a size 2 after about a year...your body is a rubber band and will go back in time! I won't even say what I've gained with this pregnancy, but I'm praying I can have the weight loss success I had with #1 when this is all over with...just remember that it takes 9 months to gain and about a year to lose, especially if you are nursing for a year!

STACEY said...

Yes, I’m with the girls….enjoy yourself!! I know I sure did! I really enjoyed the chocolate. ;)