Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Monthly Musings: Goals for the New Year

I didn't have any 'official' goals in 2022 - largely because I utterly failed at accomplishing my 2021 goals, and I didn't want to put that much pressure on myself since I was feeling pretty lame, ha. But I'm formulating my goals for this year, and while I marinate on them {hoping to get published by the end of the month}, I thought I'd answer these questions!


1. Do you make resolutions/goals for the New Year?

Not always, and not last year, but this year I am!

2. Do you have diet/exercise goals?

I do! The same as every year for the last 6 years, I want to lose weight. I know, I know... 'love your body'...and I'm working on that part, but I am still overweight on any metric you want to look at, and while my bloodwork is consistently good, I know it won't stay that way if I don't get better control of my relationship with food {specifically sugar} and my weight. 

I am very proud of my exercise routine over the last 4 years - ever since I joined AmpedUp, I am very consistent with my exercise - most weeks I work out 5-6 times per week - if it's ever below that, something is wrong. {grin} So I really do want to get both sides of this puzzle more in-line. More to come!

3. Do you have personal/professional goals for 2023?

Personal - yes. I will focus this year on some for me, some related to family, etc. Professional - no. I am very content with my current job/role and want to just keep doing what I'm doing. :)

4. Do you use a planner? Paper? Electronic? Combo?

Nope! I have my work calendar linked to my email that I put everything in, we have a family dry erase calendar, and I keep several notepads {I got my first Erin Condren notepad and felt really fancy} with notes. But no official planner.

My current view with my To Do list {mostly work related}

5. Do you have a word or phrase for 2023?

I'm ruminating on one! I like that Natasha wants to savor and enjoy, and what I'm thinking about is similar, but we'll see what I finally come up with.

6. Ring in the New Year or asleep by 10 pm?

Ring in the New Year for sure! I don't think I've ever been asleep before midnight since being an adult. We didn't take any pictures this year, but our neighborhood crew came over, and we partied so hard with 6 adults and 6 kids. {grin}

12:02 AM 1/1/22

7. Favorite thing to do on New Year's Day?

Whatever we want! I love that, for the most part, we don't make plans on New Year's Day. We typically just hang out at home, and it's so nice after the craziness of the previous week.

8. Any travel plans for 2023?

We are discussing a few things, but nothing is firmed up at this point. I think/hope our goal going forward is 1 family vacation and 1 adult vacation, which would be wonderful!

9. Things/events you are most looking forward to in 2023?

Largely it's just doing life with my people. Some things that are either on the books or being discussed:

- We might be getting a dog!!!!! {more to come!}
- I'm taking Drew to see Wicked in June in Houston, and we are both BEYOND excited. {more to come!}
- Vacations - however they shake out
- We have tickets to a music festival in April in our town that looks super fun.
- I always look forward to the 2 parties Brent's company has in June and December. {After the Holiday party, I sent a text to the wives of Brent's 2 coworkers who are part of our framily and said 'Let's start talking outfits for June!' ha}

10. Will you be watching any bowl games on or around New Year's?

We watched Brent's favorite team, the Texas Longhorns, play on December 29...not well though ha.


3 comments:

Natasha said...

YOU'RE GETTING A DOG?!?!?!?!?

Kathryn Bagley said...

Yes that is the one thing I remembered-what kind of dog???

Emily said...

Oh dear god, a dog. Good luck.