Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Book Breakdown 2022

It's time to see how my reading stacked up for 2022! I am a giant nerd {SHOCKER} about stats and love seeing how it all shakes out. I read 123 books this year, 1 less book than 2021 but more pages according to Goodreads - 46,475 pages in 2022 an 44,070 in 2021.

Book Goal: 100
Books Read: 123

Physical Books: 12 {10%}
eBooks: 94 {76%}
Audiobooks: 17 {14%}

Fiction: 93 {76%}
Nonfiction: 30 {24%}

Female author: 100 {81%}
Male author: 23 {19%}

White author: 87 {71%}
POC author: 36 {29%}

Genres [I choose these myself and can give a book more than 1 so this won't add up to 123 for anyone checking my math and honestly some I didn't give anything past 'fiction' if I couldn't pin it down]:
  • Chick-lit: 35
  • Romance:  40
  • Classic/Children's classic: 
  • Biography/Memoir: 19
  • Culture/Gender/Sexuality: 6
  • YA: 7
  • Fantasy/Sci-fi: 16
  • Thriller/Mystery: 4
  • Historical fiction: 13
  • WW1/WW2 {subset of historical fiction}: 6
  • Race/Antiracism: 5 
  • Educational: 3
And here is my book bracket for the year! I ended up with a tie which might be viewed as cheating, BUT one is fiction and the other is nonfiction, so I felt like it was really difficult to pick between them because they are so different!


How the Word is Passed
- nonfiction winner!

The Great Believers - fiction winner!

It's super fun {for me at least} to look at how my year of reading shook out. I already can't wait to see how 2023 will go!


3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

You are amazing Allena! I am truly in awe. I'm good just to get the 12 in BC read :/ I love the bracket-although it took me a minute to figure it out..ha! You'll have to give me some inside deets on what you've been reading for Jan!

Emily said...

The Great Believers is definitely worth of the top position! I looked up "How the Word Is Passed" on goodreads and saw it has a 4.73 rating which might be the highest rating I've seen on a goodread book! I'm intrigued.

Natasha said...

How The Word Is Passed was available in ebook at my library so it is now on my Kobo. Can't wait to read it!