Monday, January 9, 2023

Movie Review: I Wanna Dance With Somebody

 Allison and I snuck in 1 last movie of 2022 a few days after Christmas. We are both suckers for biopic films and were excited to see this one about Whitney Houston.

Plot: A joyous, emotional, heartbreaking celebration of the life and music of Whitney Houston, one of the greatest female R&B pop vocalists of all time, tracking her journey from obscurity to musical superstardom.

Review: 'Heartbreaking' was the exact way to describe this! Allison and I both enjoyed it so much and obviously knew it didn't have a happy ending, but to see the way it all played out...ugh...so, so, so sad! I teared up several times. The acting was strong, hearing all her songs again was so nostalgic, too. My only complaint {and this is nit-picky} was the last scene - they cover a 10 minute performance Whitney Houston did in 1994, but it was the actress 'singing' - Allison and I both found that weird and thought for a 2.5 hour movie they should have actually showed the recording of that performance. Overall, though, it was a great movie!


2 comments:

Natasha said...

I think I would enjoy watching this movie.

Kathryn Bagley said...

I want to see this but also dont want to see the parts of her demise! I agree they should have shown the actual film of Whitney singing not the actress