Tuesday, December 14, 2021

When Your Outfit Revolves Around Your Shoes

I love going to Brent's work holiday party! It helps that 2 of my best friends are the wives of 2 of his co-workers {also 2 of his best friends}, so we have a blast. As expected, their company didn't have a holiday party in 2020, but right after Christmas last year, I was at Dillard's with my mother-in-law and found the most amazing pair of shoes that I knew would be AMAZING for this party. Not knowing when we'd have another party, but assuming we'd get back to them eventually, I bought them. Yes, I bought a pair of shoes for a specific party a year before the party would potentially be held. {grin}

BUT LOOK AT THEM!!! Aren't they so perfect for a holiday party?

I tried on a lot of duds before finding the winner outfit, but I finally put together a cute outfit, and last weekend was Brent's party! YES! We got to have one in 2021!

We decided to make a weekend of it, and we went up Friday early afternoon with our neighbors/friends, the Sladeks. We went out to eat Friday but didn't take any pictures. Saturday, Susie and I did all the things - got our nails down and had our hair fixed!

Brunch Saturday morning!

I'm irritated we didn't take any other pictures from the day, ha. I did also get some new eye make-up and tried to go a little more dramatic with my look.

The finished face!

The full look with THE SHOES!

Our other friends
~ Derek and Dez ~ Riley and Susannah ~ 

LJA Wives - lots of years of friendship with these ladies

We spent a lot of time in the piano bar room singing along to every song!


Sunday morning we got up early-ish, had brunch, and got back on the road to get our babies. Again, annoyed I didn't get a picture of everyone! The kids stayed with my parents and had a great time. They weren't spoiled at all. {grin}

The girls with my mom's Christmas cactus

Paige reading to alllllll the Santas!

And now it TRULY feels like Christmas-time! 


2 comments:

Natasha said...

Not just a holiday party but a weekend away too -- whoooo hoooo!!! And those are great shoes!

Kathryn Bagley said...

Those shoes SCREAM Christmas and you looked absolutely beautiful! The outfit was fit for a Christmas party.