Tuesday, July 13, 2021

2021 Goals - Halfway Point Check-in

Friends, I'm going to be totally honest with y'all. I haven't looked at my goals in ages and just glanced at them as I started to write this post...and it ain't pretty, ha! I'm glad I'm taking this opportunity to refresh myself on what my goals WERE at the start of the year and deciding if these still make sense. If you want to read the whole original post, it's HERE.

Health Goals

Get ready as we dive into this group - it's largely been where I've been failing the most.

1) Develop a better relationship with food - NOPE. BIG FAT HUGE NOPE. I really think I'm going to need professional help here.
2) Hit goal weight - Hahahahaha. I hit a low at the end of January and now just keep bouncing around in the same 5-10 pound window. Sigh. The upside is I'm still working out like crazy, had an excellent physical this year, and haven't completely fallen apart, but I do still want to lose another 15+ pounds.
3) Keep running - Ever since my running buddy moved out of the neighborhood my running has taken a big hit which was what my fear was. I really don't enjoy it by myself much at all. So this one may be dead...we'll have to see.
4) Increase my flexibility - This is definitely happening! I can tell over time that I can do more and I love it. Still not to the mermaid pose, but I've been practicing.
5) Eat more vegetables - Zilch. More bad days than good here by a long shot.

Family Goals

1) Create a chore list for the kids - While I haven't made an official list, I have definitely started making the kids help with more things around the house. For example, they are always responsible for emptying the dishwasher, Trent is mowing the yard with Brent now, they help with the laundry, etc. I do want to continue to give them more and make it more 'formal'.
2) Get an evening schedule going - I would say we did better in the first few months of 2021 but not where I want to be, and of course, summer throws it all off. Need to keep this one on the radar!
3) Kid dates - Brent has actually been more successful at this than I have. Need to do better!
4) Travel as a family - Well, we just got back from a weekend away and have already booked a trip for the winter, so I think this is going well!

Personal Goals

1) Read the Bible - Another nope. I still have half a year so hopefully I can get started and make some progress...with the Bible that's been sitting on my nightstand all year. {grin}
2) Close all monthly challenges - I'm 6 for 6 here, but dang they are starting to get super hard. I'm not sure it's realistic if the continue to get harder, but I'll keep trying as long as I can.
3) Book goals - You guys probably know I'm nailing this!
-Read 100 books - I'm ahead of where I need to be to hit this goal.
-Continue to reduce the pile of physical books in my room - I've definitely read from my physical pile but I keep getting more too ha. I'm struggling to get rid of the ones I've had for a long time because I keep thinking 'Someday I might read it...' so I need to just be mean with myself here.
-Educational books - Doing good here!
-Books by/about people of color - Doing good here!
-Classics - Eek, haven't read any yet, but I have 1 on reserve now!

Sigh. This was worse than I thought ha. I'm really glad I revisited to see where I need to pick it up. How are your goals going?



2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Girl at least you have set goals! That's far more than probably any of us who read your blogs are doing! I think you need to give yourself slack on the food goal because your workout game is STRONG! Enjoy food :) enjoy good food :)

Emily said...

In my experience, it is very hard to lose weight when you are working out all the time. The body NEEDS the extra calories to compensate for the energy burned. Is that encouraging? No, because we women love to just lose weight, but it SHOULD be encouraging. The positive is that you are probably in the best state of health you've ever been. When I workout like you have been, my energy level is at an all-time high and your sleep is the best it's ever been. So even though you feel like you're failing, you are NOT! Closing 6 months of Apple watch goals should be the accomplishment you focus on!