Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Body Pump

I hinted in my last Currently that I had something exciting going on that I hadn't shared yet over here on the ol' blog. And I finally got the news I was waiting on, so I'm ready to share!

I AM GETTING CERTIFIED TO TEACH BODY PUMP!!!

I have loved group fitness FOREVER, and you guys know I am constantly gushing about my studio, Jazzercise, and the other classes offered there. I've also secretly wanted to be an instructor for a long time - it looks like so much fun and such an amazing group of ladies I wanted to be teaching alongside.

Well, I finally bit the bullet and talked to the owners about it, and here we are!

I had a weekend-long training last weekend where I learned everything I need to know to get certified. I had to submit a video before and after training. The before video was so the instructor could see what my knowledge level was pre-training. The after video determined whether I passed training or not, and I found out Sunday that I passed the training portion!!

I now have 2 months to learn a full-set and record myself teaching that set. I get graded on that video which determines whether I become certified. What is very cool is I get to start teaching with other instructors now, so I've been on the stage a few times getting comfortable and it has been so much fun!

I, of course, had to get approval from my real job and my boss was great about it. I'll be teaching at 5:30 AM once I'm certified {oof, that's early, but honestly it's the best option with a full-time job}, and I can't wait!

Who's going to come to class with me?!?! {grin}



4 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

This makes my exercise heart so happy!! You will have to send me the link or video or whatever so i can take your class :) I'm so proud of you!!

Emily said...

This is exciting!!!! No better way to stay in shape than to teach something you love!

Natasha said...

Can we Zoom into your classes?!?!?!? Also, YAY YAY YAY!!! This is awesome!!!

Erika said...

SO FUN!!!! Way to go!!