Friday, February 19, 2021

Texas, You Drunk

I want to start this post by saying a lot of this post will be in a fun spirit.
My family has been safe throughout this whole experience while others haven't.
We've lost power and have been cold, but we've had plenty to eat, plenty of blankets, and we've been SAFE. Many others haven't, and that isn't lost on me.

I also recognize that the Yankees who read my posts are pros at snow and winter storms and have seen WAY more snow than us. Unfortunately, Texas is equipped for 100+ heat, not sub-freezing temps and snow of this magnitude.

Look at the low on Monday - we ended up having several single digit lows!

@sharonsaysso is one of my favorite IG accounts!
She lives in Minnesota, so this made me laugh really hard.


We kept hearing rumors that water would go at some point,
so I started filling pitchers and bathtubs for us to have drinking water.
At my highest I think we had 20 pitchers and water bottles full.

We had SO much snow - probably the most we've ever had. 
We guessed 8" or more. And lots of broken tree limbs from ice.


You can look at Brent's foot prints to see how deep it was!

I also started searching for all our candles - 
so thankful for my mom obsessively giving me Advent candles!

When we hadn't had power in quite a few hours,
we put our food on the backporch since it was colder outside.
File that under things I never thought I'd do in Texas!

Icicles!


Playing in the snow!

Another night without power so we had a candlelight dinner!
So romantic! Ha!


4 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

So glad yall were ok! I hate you lost power. I definitely made sure to stock up Sunday before so had plenty of food and water. I didn't think about bread but I had bagels! Myself and the people I live behind were fortunate enough to not lose power but yea I was thinking for all my northern friends and family they must be getting a laugh out of how we deal with this weather! It was a different experience for me than when Covid first hit because I could still leave my house..this time feeling "trapped" was not fun and I literally was going stir crazy.

Emily said...

I am happpy that you guys were safe and able to enjoy this as a wonderful adventure. Snow is so fun! Also the SharonSaysSo had me rolling when I saw it on her stories!

Marisa said...

That was a crazy experience, now that I looked back. I'm glad you and your family are safe. Nice photos of the snow.

Natasha said...

I'm so glad you guys were okay. I hope your house (all the pipes) survived. What a crazy storm.