Friday, February 12, 2021

Five on Friday

Random assortment of fun on Friday!

ONE

Apple Music

I am probably the last person on the planet to talk about this,
but I finally started using Apple Music, and I LOVE it.

I made a Christmas playlist with all my favorite songs.
I'm listening to my favorite movie soundtracks during the day.
The girls are always able to get the Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, or Ava Max song they want.
Yes, it costs per month, but I think it is AWESOME!

TWO

Hair Wand

I finally got a hair wand!
I love how easy it is to use and the results. Big fan here, HUGE!


THREE

Middle Schoolers Be Like

Please I beg you to please watch this video. I haven't laughed this hard in so long. This is every interaction I have with Trent these days.
Bonus points if you can tell me why this especially tickled me. {grin}

FOUR

We are getting a piano!

Growing up we got a piano when I was maybe 5 or 6?
My sister and I took lessons for almost 10 years.
I have always wanted our kids to learn to read music and have wanted a piano.
But I assumed it was a want that would go unfulfilled. BUT!!!
Brent's mom's church is renovating and we are getting one of theirs, I am so excited!
It's really only in need of a good cleaning, it's in great shape.
And I've already cleared out a space for it.
Brent kept telling me 'no' all while he was plotting with his mom, that sneaky man.
Drew is going to start taking lessons very soon from a mom in our neighborhood, yay!

Needs a good cleaning but isn't she a beauty?!?!

FIVE

Drew's First Communion Dress

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Drew had her First Reconciliation in preparation for her First Communion this spring. And that my mother-in-law was making her dress.

I wanted to take a short trip down memory lane first. {grin}

This is Drew's Baptism wearing a gown made by my mother-in-law.

And now this dress has been worn by 3 little girls!
~Drew ~                      ~ Beau ~                   ~ Paige ~ 

So to say I'm excited about Drew's First Communion dress is an understatement.
We picked a pattern based on a few dresses I was loving.


As I looked at my favorites, I noticed they all had some similar qualities:
empire waist, long, flowy, lace/sheer overlay.

Then I found this pattern! And with a couple of different versions, I think this nails it! The length of the yellow dress, the flutter sleeves of the floral, and the overlay on the white dress. And my mother-in-law thinks it'll be simple!

I can't wait!!



1 comments:

Emily said...

That middle school video lol lol. The making the bed part just had me rolling. Also I love the "who even does jazzercise? get a peloton" LOLOOL