Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Dell Match Play

Last Thursday, we went to the Dell Match Play golf tournament at the Austin Country Club with 3 other couples {2 of whom live in our neighborhood within .5 miles of us!}. We have friends who work at Dell, so we were able to get discounted tickets. Brent was a collegiate golfer and still plays competitively, but this tournament is not so much about watching golf as it is about eating, drinking, and socializing - my kind of golf tournament!

The Austin 360 Bridge and Lake Austin - love this view


Remember when I said I wanted to see Phil??
HI PHIL!!!
I saw him at another point and shouted 'Go Phil!' and I got a little wave!

Good friends!

Power nap before Round 2 of fun!

We decided to leave the tournament about 5:00, headed to our hotel, showered {and napped - Paige started my day at 5:00 AM}, and then headed out to dinner.

The whole gang - Aren't Brent and I so cute with our color coordination?



We ended the night playing Jenga until almost 2:00 AM in one of the other couple's room - they got upgraded into a really nice suite. My favorite part of these next few pics is my friend, Susie's, face in most of them.



When you lost, you had to take a shot in an espresso cup! Hi Susie!


Friday morning, Kristen drove to meet me for breakfast - any chance I get to see my bestie, I'm going to take it! We tried to go to one of our FAVORITE restaurants in the shopping area we stayed, but it had apparently closed. Womp, womp. So we ate breakfast in the hotel.

This egg hater had amazing French toast!

Then we headed home to see our babies, and Brent played in the practice round for a golf tournament he was in, ha! Such fun, and we can't wait to go back next year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y’all do look cute! Glad you got to see your favorite golfer. - AP

Natasha said...

While I am not at all into golf I could definitely get into all the other aspects of this! Way to make Jenga much more exciting :)

Emily said...

Adam was watching this on tv and I forgot you were going or I would have looked for you! Sounds like fun!

Kathryn Bagley said...

Looks like a really fun trip :) You're breakfast looked delish!