Thursday, November 9, 2017

San Antonio Getaway

I got a little behind and never posted about our little getaway to San Antonio right after our anniversary. We went up early Saturday morning to get to the bar for the kickoff of Texas' football game. #prioritiesforbrent 

On the way down, this song came on the radio. It's a long-standing joke with my dad because I think it's a terrible song, and he loves it. So I had to take a picture and text it to him.


Conversation:
Allena: What Brent is torturing me with on our drive!
Dad: A classic
Ha!

Brent's cousin, Philip, and his wife, Kristi met us there along with some of Philip's friends who we know really well. {This was actually a trip Philip planned that we got invited to crash.} They came and stayed with us in June, and we had a conversation about how horrible my clutch is. Backstory: I bought it when I went back to work after Trent was born because I was carrying a purse, a lunch, a laptop bag, and a pump. This eliminated carrying a purse because I could stick my clutch in my laptop bag. Well, fast forward 8 years...it's awful. So Kristi brought me a new clutch!


Happy anniversary! Hanging out in the hotel sports bar watching football!

After the game, I needed to pump, so we went back to the hotel room. Afterwards, we went to a piano bar and then to dinner at Rita's on the River.

I took this picture on our walk to dinner.
Guys. Look at the picture I stole off the internet in this post BEFORE our trip.
It is the same view. Crazy right?

For the Astros game, we went to a British pub to watch the game. 

My cutie pie

White Russian selfie

Having fun!

After the Astros hit a home run, Philip bought everyone Fireball shots, eek!

Kristi couldn't hang!

After almost 12 hours of drinking, Brent was ready for bed. It was nice to not be in a bar until 2:00 AM! We got him Whataburger and walked back to the hotel. I pumped and Brent fell asleep watching ESPN. That's what 13 years of marriage is really like!

Our yummy room service Sunday morning!

We ate breakfast and got back on the road to get home to our babies. Such a fun little getaway!

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

You are a trooper wife! Sports, sports, and more sports (and drinking)! SA is my alma mater..love that city!

Emily said...

Now I want to see a picture of this terrible clutch! 9 years ago I went on a cruise an my friend told me to buy this small brown leather clutch from Coach to carry around the cruise ship. That little clutch has been the most used item in my entire purse collection! 9 years later I still pack it anytime I travel!