Thursday, November 2, 2017

November 2017 Goals

I didn't get to go trick-or-treating because Paige has been running fever since Monday. Brent took the bigs with our friends and one of them has pictures to send, so while I not so patiently wait for them, I thought we'd talk about November goals!

To tide you over until I get all our Halloween pics together! {grin}

October goals:

Let's just start with the fact that I didn't do so good with my October goals. Just putting that out there. {grin}

1. Pumpkin Patch Outing/2. Carve Pumpkins/3. Halloween Stroll - Nope. The Halloween Stroll ended up being the day we baptized Paige, so I have a good excuse for that. The rest just didn't happen.
4. Daily Outside Time - We did better with this but not great. The problem is when we get home from school, I am trying to work a little more, then clean out lunch boxes and bags, pack the next day's lunches, make dinner, and before I know it our opportunity is gone.
5. House Cleaning - I got this done! I wanted to do a handful of things in the mid-point of when our cleaning lady comes. I only vacuumed Paige's room out of the kids' rooms, but I did everything else. I plan to keep this up!
6. Kids' Vitamins - I wanted to get better at giving the kids their vitamins (vitamin D, vitamin C, probiotic, Omega-3). I went from pretty much forgetting most days to being about 50-50. I'm happy with that progress and plan to keep it up!



1. Schedule Family Pictures - We took 1 picture during Paige's newborn photo shoot. It's time to update! I don't want to take them until close to Paige turning 1, but I'd like to get them on the calendar.

2. 3 Miles - Thanks to Orange Theory, I am spending a lot more time on the treadmill and have already seen a lot of improvement in my endurance. But that also means I've stalled out on my Couch to 5K training, but I think I could probably run 3 miles. So I want to hit the streets and prove it!

3. Lots of Christmas Shopping - I already bought 1 Christmas present! And I've been working on my list. So I want to get some stuff purchased this month to spread out the expenses.

4. Order Christmas Cards - Hoping to get these ordered before the end of the month so they can be sent out ASAP for maximum holiday enjoyment.

5. Start Oscar Film Watching - Allison and I agreed to wait and see how the prediction sites looked starting in November. Hopefully we can find something that looks like a promising contender!

6. Daily Walks - I'm planning on this to get us our outdoor time - November is usually a pretty nice time of year in Texas...we really need to do a better job of maximizing the good weather.

I also have Paige's birthday party to plan {ohmygodhowisitalreadytimeforhertobe1}, but I didn't put that as a goal since it won't be hard for me to do. I've already been talking to the lady who makes our invitations - now I need the princess to stop being sick so I can take a picture of her for the invitation!

I'm wondering if I put too much on my plate this month when you add in Thanksgiving plans {including some travel}, lots of days off school, party planning, etc. But it'll be fun to try!

3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Number 2!!! You totally got that :)

Anonymous said...

Excitedabout our movies & I am already Christmas shopping, too! - AP

Emily said...

Yay for house cleaning goals! Feels good huh? So I laugh about the Christmas presents where I have the opposite problem that I want to buy EVERYTHING right away and then later find better gifts that I wish I bought but don’t feel like going through the return process. Lol.