Monday, November 14, 2016

Book Club Christmas!

Our book club has been together for over 5 years, and I love these ladies dearly. These are some forever friends! We've been doing a White Elephant Christmas exchange for 4 of the 5 years, and for 3 of them we've gone out to eat too. This year, we pushed our celebration a few weeks early given I'm about to have a baby {and I'm the unofficial President which shouldn't surprise anyone who knows me given my love for making rules and reading, so I HAVE to be there, ha}.

This year we also had a book to talk about - Ghettoside: A True Story of Murder in America. I read it about 18 months ago {and LOVED it} but read it again for it to be fresh for discussion. We didn't talk about it as much as normally would have at a 'real' meeting - partially because we were eating out and also, we're a politically divided book club, so we had some girls whose spirits were already pretty battered this week, and this book isn't a light-hearted subject. None-the-less, we had a great time and a great White Elephant with awesome gifts and several steals. {grin}

2014 - 2 preggos!

This is one of our unofficial rules - 
at regular meetings, you must wear elastic waist pants!

2015 - 1 preggo!

One of the much coveted gifts last night was a wine glass with this saying.
For us, this is very true!

The presents ready for White Elephant!

2016 - a high 3 preggos!

This is such a fun tradition that I love doing with some really fun ladies! And it was a great way to kick off the holidays {a bit early}!!


1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I can't wait for Christmas parties..they are the best!